Your eyebrows are what frame your eyes and face. Shaping them perfectly can in turn affect the overall outcome of your face. Your eyes also will stand out if you learn to shape them correctly.
Two of the world’s most sought after eyebrows are those of Aishwariya Rai and Megan Fox and I will tell you why and how to achieve it. It is simply because their eyebrows properly shape their faces in proportion to their overall facial features. Also, theirs is a natural look. There might have been a bit of tweek here and there but the overall look is natural. You may not have a lot of hair like they do but you can still achieve a look that is natural and close to theirs (if not better – smiles) if you follow the steps I will show you.
I know that not everyone can afford the best eyebrow specialist in town so it is important for you to know how to fix your eyebrow makeup yourself so the following steps will teach you how.
Tools you will require include: tweezers, cuticle scissors, clear mascara, a white eye pencil and an eyebrow pencil or powder.
So how do we ensure that our eyebrows frame our face in proportion to our features?
1. First you must decide what look you want to achieve, whether you want it full, luxuriant or exquisite arches. A quick guide for deciding (that is if you are clueless) is to seek out a person’s whose eyebrow you admire - maybe a friend or celeb, but ensure that the person’s facial shape resembles yours. Remember also that the best brows follow their natural shape and the most important thing is achieving a look that is yours.
2. Don’t base your decision on trends but focus on a shape that best suits/flatters your face
3. Using your natural brow or that of you inspiration as a guide (ask the assistance of a friend if you can’t go it alone), use an eyeliner pencil to draw the shape you want.
4. Practice with the eye pencil so you can see a variety of shapes and lengths before you actually remove the hair
5. Using a magnifying mirror, brush your eyebrows upwards using a clear mascara so the hair faces up and with the cuticle scissors, trim unruly or longer hair above the upper brow line.
6. Apply the white pencil to the hair below the brow, that is, the hair that you want to take out.
7. Tweeze hair by pulling them one at a time in the direction that they grow. Make sure you take the tweezer as closest as possible to the root of the hair to avoid pulling far away from the hair (that is close to the tip) By doing this it will ensure that the hair comes out smoothly.
8. Repeat on other eyebrow until all unwanted hair is removed.
9. When you are through, brush the hair once again with the clear mascara to ensure that you have removed all the unwanted hair.
10. Be sure not to over-pluck. You can achieve this by using the eye pencil to draw out the shape that you desire.
11. To define your eyebrows choose an eyebrow pencil when you have normal to dry skin. Use powders or oil free brow liners for oily skin. Use a shade that is close to your natural hair color.
12. If you are using pencil, sharpen the brow pencil. Begin applying brow pencil at the inner corner of the brow. Fill in the eyebrow lightly using quick short strokes. Keep the liner within the border of your eyebrow. Lightly fill in any bald spots. Blend the liner with a brow brush or a cotton swab.
13. To define your eyebrow using brow powder use a slanted eyebrow brush to apply brow powder. Apply colored brow powder in the same manner as the pencil. Use a pencil to fill in bald areas.
There you go. Now you should have achieved your own beautiful world class eyebrow. It gets better with practice.
Was this article helpful or did I miss anything out? Please let me know in the comments section below. I will love to receive your before and after pictures which will be posted for other readers to see.